Extreme® 300 Series High Performance Rolling DoorHigh Performance Doors
Model Number: EPD 300 (service curtain) and EPI 300 (insulated curtain)
High Speed Roll Up Door
Get intelligent operation and high cycle life in a high performance roll up door. Our easy to install 300 series overhead door offers 300,000 cycles of maintenance free performance. Improve your productivity with maximum uptime wherever it’s installed. Featuring a springless design, it is ideal for overhead door applications that do not need a million cycle door, but do require continuous uptime.
Our Apex™ Smart controller features an intelligent control panel with plug and play wiring that makes installing and servicing the 300 series rolling door easier than ever before.
The roll up door’s compact operator features smooth high speed operation that ensues a soft start and stop – reducing wear and tear on both the overhead door and the door operator. Our 300 series high performance door operates at speed of up to 24 inches per second and with the operator’s direct drive design, there’s no sprocket and chain to wear or replace.
Faster rolling doors mean reduced air exchange, but our 300 series overhead door goes further to improve energy efficiency. Insulated models feature our patented Thermiser Max rolling door perimeter sealing system - – which meets ASHRAE® 90.12, 2015 IECC® and California’s Title 24 air infiltration requirements with an independently tested3 value of less than 0.3 CFM/FT2.See if your building needs a high performance door by going to our microsite www.cornellcookson.com/nobrainerdoor/brains
Why the #$!@* is My Roll Up Door Breaking All the Time? Read our article to find out more!
- Cycles: 300,000 maintenance free cycles, to be exact. The door's springless design adds to its longevity, with the only true maintenance being daily operation checks
- Intelligence: This door features the new Apex SmartController - our first intelligent panel that communicates status and error messages
- Speed: This door performs at an opening speed of up to 24 inches per second
- Energy Efficiency: The insulated curtain comes complete with our patented sealing system with thermally broken guide assemblies and a lintel seal that significantly decreases air infiltration to less than 0.3 cfm/ft2
- Smooth Operation: The compact, direct-drive operator features a variable-frequency drive that ensures a soft start and stop, and doesn't have any sprockets or chains to wear or replace
Standard Materials & Finishes
Extreme® 300 Series Performance Doors come with a unique and lasting powder coat finish customized for high-cycle usage as standard. There are two material options for both the service and insulated curtain:
- Galvanized steel:
- Finished with a rust-inhibiting CycleShield™ finish in Gray, Tan or White
- The CycleShield finish is exclusively for our High Performance Doors. The base coat is consistant with ASTM A653, and is finished with a baked-on polyester powder coating. CycleShield is:
- Friction and wear-resistant for high-cycle applications
- Rust inhibiting and resistant to acids, alkalis and oils at normal temperatures
- Recommended for exterior, corrosive and/or abrasive environments
- Available as an option in a palette of more than 180 standard RAL colors
- 300 series stainless steel with a #4 finish
Extreme® 300 Series Door Drive & Control System
- Plug-and-play connections between the motor, control panel, and standard sensors
- LCD screen that walks user through:
- Initial door commissioning
- Electrically set limits
- Status and error messages
- Many common door adjustments
Technical Data Sheets
Slats with multiple small window size punched slots that create an open curtain design. Maintains a high level of security while allowing for ventilation and visibility.Learn More
Hood and Operator Covers
Metal cover to protect the coil or operator from exterior weather, debris or to meet OSHA or UL 325 safety requirements.Learn More
Vision WindowsImprove aesthetics and visibility with one- or two-way windows incorporated in the curtain.
Entrapment Protection Devices
Entrapment protection devices ensure that a motorized door or grille will not close on an object. If an object enters path of closure, the entrapment protection device will stop the door or grille from closing and return it to the fully open position.
Guide-Mounted InterlocksAn electrical cutout switch to prevent motor operation if locking device is not first disengaged.
Include weather seals at the guides and bottom bar with an internal hood baffle at coil housing. Lintel mounted nylon brush seal also available.