DOOR OPENERS FOR ROLL-UP DOORS
Cornell carries a wide selection of overhead door operators designed for use with our rolling doors, shutters and grilles. These openers each feature unique advantages, and there are styles and options available to suit any size door or budget.Contact Us
The table below provides an, at a glance, reference for what type of operator elements each listed products uses.
For more detailed information please review the categories above.
|Counter Fire Door||X||X||X||X||X|
|Smoke Shield Elevator||X|
Electric and Manual Roll-Up Door Operators
Whether you're looking for a manual or electric overhead door operator, we have options that provide the speed, value and performance to match your specifications.
Manual Overhead Door Operators
Manual door openers for roll-up doors are the most cost-effective options available. A manual operator is an excellent choice for smaller, lighter roll-up doors and doors that receive infrequent use. This type of system operates using no electricity and is suited for buildings or spaces without a primary power source. Manual options include:
- ControlGard™ chain hoists. The ControlGard™ is our most advanced manual operator. It has a built-in braking system that stays in place unless someone actively pulls the chain for greater safety.
- Push-up manual operators. If your space is too small to fit a motor, a push-up operator provides a manual alternative. Push-up door operators are affordable and common for store-within-store applications.
- Chain and crank openers. Chain operators are simple yet smooth manual operators that go easy on your door. Crank operators are common for use with rolling counter shutters for bridging gaps over wide spaces.
Electric Roll-Up Door Motors
An electric overhead door operator is the most effective way to raise and lower your closure. Cornell offers a variety of electric door openers for roll-up doors. Motors that run off single- and three-phase power are available, with options that include:
- EverGard™ motors. Cornell EverGard™ roll-up door motors have self-charging battery backup systems that allows a door to be operated even if the power goes out.
- SG super-duty motors. SG motors are compact, Underwriter Laboratories (UL)-listed door operators made to deliver up to 20 cycles per day. A waterproof model is also available.
- MG industrial-duty motors. Cornell MG and splashproof MG roll-up door motors feature Gear-Head construction with a maximum 20-cycle-per-day rating.
- Concealed tubular motors. These coiling door operators require less clearance and fit into spaces with strict dimensions, perfect for shutters, grilles and gates.
Fire-Rated Coiling Door Operators
Fire doors require specialized motors that help ensure your doors create the intended barrier to block flames and smoke in case of an emergency. Electric and manual operators are available:
- Electric motors: We have several fire-rated overhead door operators with manual or automatic operation. Fire-rated options include the UL-listed AlarmGard®, AlarmGard® Plus and the low-profile AlarmGard® tubular motor. We also offer the FireGard™ motor — triggered when heat causes a fusible link to melt, releasing the door.
- Manual operators: If you prefer manual operation for your fire doors, we have two options available. AlarmGard® systems come in chain or link configurations to operate doors or countertop shutters. In a fire, these doors close at speeds designed to stay below 12 inches per second. FireGard™ chain or crank systems are also available.
Request a Quote for a New Overhead Door Operator
Visit the Cornell dealer in your area to see our products and get help finding a manual operator or roll-up door motor suited for your new design or building retrofit. To get more information about a garage door opener for roll-up doors or a quote, contact us online.