For Fire Doors - Model ERD11
For Insulated Fire Doors - Model ERD21
For Counter Fire Shutters - Model ERC11
Smoke kills more often than fire, so controlling smoke spread is a crucial component of any fire protection plan. Adding a SmokeShield package to your doors enhances the prevention of smoke spread that is so damaging to life and property. It is especially useful in interior corridors and smoke barrier openings.
SmokeShield products are UL Classified for fire protection and meet the following specifications required by insurance and building codes for Smoke and Draft control:
- Tested per UL 1784, the procedure for smoke-and-draft control door assemblies
- UL, "S" leakage rated assembly labeled for smoke and draft control
- Meets the requirements of NFPA 105
- Meets the requirements of the International Building Code®, 2006, Section 715.4.3 for Smoke-and-Draft Control Door Assemblies
Mounting Information: Rolling doors and counter shutters are approved for both face of wall or between jambs mounting conditions.
All SmokeShield units are supplied with the following:
- UL leakage rated assembly label for smoke and draft control
- UL listed perimeter seals applied to each guide and across the header
- UL listed/tested bottom bar smoke seal/astragal
- Heat resistant perimeter caulking
All doors and counter shutters with the SmokeShield package are required to be signaled by local smoke detectors or a central alarm system.