CrossingGard® Emergency Response GrilleSecurity Grilles
Model Number: ERG-IBC
Emergency Response Security Grilles
CrossingGard® is an Emergency Response Grille designed to help address both security and safety issues in public areas. CrossingGard® provides the security of a locked, rolling security grille — but immediately responds in an emergency situation to fully open automatically and allow safe escape. Our exclusive egress safety grille is always on duty to provide separation control, yet still allows access to an alternate means of escape.
A secure emergency solution that combines secured roll down gate space separation with emergency egress capability. If notified by alarm, if power fails or if the emergency exit push-button is activated, the rolling security grilles immediately execute a fully open position with no electrical requirements whatsoever. Post-event, it can resume the normally overhead security grille closed and secure position with the touch of a button.
The rugged, open pattern interior gates provide security and visibility with little-to-no maintenance. Manual locking or unlocking is not required. When a forced security grille opening is attempted, AutoLock automatically secures any closed rolling grille (while remaining disengaged during normal and emergency operation).
The CrossingGard® provides excellent security grille corridor protection for flexible space requirements, separation control in facilities where emergency personnel need quick access to secure areas, and containment options for openings requiring a means of egress, such as schools and government facilities.
CrossingGard® Model ERG-IBC provides the following benefits:
- Safety: CrossingGard’s fail-safe emergency response helps save lives. When an alarm sounds, power is lost or if an emergency exit push-button station is activated, the CrossingGard immediately clears the path by returning the grille to its full open position without requiring an electric or battery power source.
- Security: No manual locking or unlocking required. AutoLock automatically secures a closed grille by engaging upon attempt of forced opening. AutoLock remains disengaged during normal and emergency operation.
- Simplicity: No resetting is necessary to resume normal operation. Following an emergency situation, the CrossingGard can be repositioned to the closed position by activating “close” at the motor control station.
- Speed: If desired, CrossingGard’s early installation option system lets grilles to be mounted on factory supplied tubular members before walls are built and before there is a finished opening.
For access-controlled means of egress where a greater level of security is needed, visit our CrossingGard Emergency Response Service Doors.
International Building Code Compliance
The following items must be installed as indicated for CrossingGard grilles to meet IBC code requirements:
- Fail-safe emergency response opening capability
- Our unique AutoLock mechanism
- Emergency exit push-button opening device
- Additional "push to exit" signage
Additionally, activation by the emergency exit push-button station can be configured to activate a local horn and strobe alarm. Consult Cornell if other details regarding appropriate applications are required.
- Standard construction up to 24’ wide, 20’ high
- For openings that fall outside of the standard construction, please contact us.
Standard Materials and Finishes
The CrossingGard Rolling Grille has an open curtain, which allows air circulation. The curtain is formed with a series of horizontal rods 5/16" in diameter, with a vertical separation of 2” between.
Rods are available in the following materials:
- Aluminum, with mill, clear or color anodized finish
- 300 series stainless steel
- Solid galvanized steel
For additional finish options, please contact us.
The FS M100 series motor operator is supplied as standard to provide daily operation along with fail-safe automatic emergency opening capabilities without the use of batteries or a back-up power source. Operator can be recessed above a ceiling, as no mechanical resetting is required to resume normal operation.
Hood and Operator Covers
Metal cover to protect the coil or operator from exterior weather, debris or to meet OSHA or UL 325 safety requirements.Learn More
Powder Coating Grilles
Powder coat finish in more than 180 colors is available on perimeter components such as the aluminum bottom bar, hoods, wall angles, tubes and fascia. This finish is not available on the grille curtain.Learn More
Trim PackageIn applications where exterior aesthetics are important, such as hotels, condominiums, convention centers and parking garages, the addition of a trim package can cover unsightly hardware and contribute to the building's architecture.
Grille High Cycle ConstructionFor grilles that will cycle more than 5 times per day, such as parking garages and sally port openings, we recommend Model ESG12 brick pattern configuration. Alternative high cycle options include the Extreme SentryGate® grille and the Extreme 324 Grille.
High Cycle SpringsHeavy duty springs manufactured to withstand cycles of 100,000.
Seismic Performance Validation
We can provide project specific seismic calculations for all coiling doors that are mounted Face of Wall to steel or masonry. Seismic performance validation is per ASCE 7-05.
Entrapment Protection Devices
Entrapment protection devices ensure that a motorized door or grille will not close on an object. If an object enters path of closure, the entrapment protection device will stop the door or grille from closing and return it to the fully open position.
Guide-Mounted InterlocksAn electrical cutout switch to prevent motor operation if locking device is not first disengaged.
Need to see clearances and mounting details? Enter your opening dimensions into our Drawing Generator, and get custom generated drawings of your door with all the details.