Tranzform® Sound Accordion PartitionsSide Folding Doors
Model Number: ESP20
It’s easy to quickly transform a large room into two or more sections for security, privacy and unparalleled sound control with our TranZform® Sound Accordion Partitions. These sound-absorbing partitions have been independently tested to meet a STC Rating of 45 per ASTM E90 standards.
Requiring only an overhead track for support, these compact panels are designed to recess into a side wall pocket, conveniently storing them out of sight and out of mind, for full use of your building space.
Technical Detail Information
TranZform Sound accordion-type side folding panels suspend from a single overhead track to form a temporary wall in any type of opening.
- Sound Blocking Insulation: For maximized sound control, the TranZform Sound’s double panel construction is lined with continuous blankets of sound absorbing material. This system has been independently tested to provide a STC rating of 45 per ASTM E90
- Concealed Storage: Designed to stack at a fraction of their extended width, the accordion panels can retract out of sight into a recessed side wall pocket
- Smooth Glide Operation: Panels are track-supported by a smooth glide nylon wheel and ball bearing roller assembly
- Durable Design: Panels are coated with a scratch resistant, permanently bonded vinyl finish that offers a high level of impact resistance
- Available Sizes: 3’6” to 22’ H to a maximum of 1600 ft2
- Stack Area: 2” per foot of width + 7” (for units over 14’ H, minimum stack is 43”)
- Hang Weight: 4.5 lbs per ft2, extended
TranZform Sound Accordion Partitions are constructed for daily use where room separation and sound control is needed.
- Track: TranZform panels are supported by a heavy duty extruded aluminum track. Multiple mounting styles are offered for varying header construction based on available ceiling and clearance space
- Panels: The continuous length, 4 1/2” wide dual wall panels are coated with a scratch resistant vinyl clad 24 gauge steel, corrugated and reinforced with double rolled end beads for strength and resilience
- Sound Blocker Lining: Both interior panel surfaces are fitted with continuous blankets of sound-absorbing material securely attached to ensure lasting, effective retention of the sound liner
- Hinges: Full height extruded vinyl hinges are rugged for lasting performance and allow for simple panel replacement with units mounted in place. These hinges can be color matched to wall panels
- Lead Post: A heavy duty extruded aluminum post fitted with grip-type handles provides operational support and hook-bolt connection that will close the panels securely. If you require additional security, keyed locking is an available option
TranZform Sound Accordion Partitions provide a gliding manual push/pull operation accomplished with ease and minimal force. For motor operation, please contact us for available options.
Vision WindowsImprove aesthetics and visibility with one- or two-way windows incorporated in the curtain.
Curved Track Construction
For side folding doors and grilles, installing a curved overhead track can help avoid design obstacles in the ceiling space.Learn More
Available for side closing products up to 12 feet high, this heavy duty 12 gauge steel pocket door and frame assembly neatly closes off the pocket area of a stored partition.Learn More
Single Slide or Bi Parting Construction
This side folding product can be designed to close at the center of the room in divided sections or extend fully from one wall to the other.Learn More