Throughout our Counterbalance series, you've met some of our Architect Design Support and Architectural Product Representatives. Now we're opening the door even wider and inviting our family of dealers for a visit. Our first guest is Megan Grewe, Sales Associate at Anagnos Door.
How long have you worked for Anagnos Door? 6 years.
- What is your role at Anagnos Door? I'm a Sales Associate.
- What does a typical week look like for you? I work on all new construction sales. This means working with contractors throughout the entire job process, from budget to hard bid to award. I read through all the project documents in order to get an accurate scope of work, and also work with manufacturers to get the pricing in time.
I revise pricing based on new documents or the field conditions (for example, if the door specified won’t fit) and find solutions for them. I'm continually learning about the products as new ones arise, and meet with the contractors on site as needed. I work hard to be the expert the contractors need as they work on their projects.
- What is the most memorable/favorite project you’ve ever worked on? My most memorable projects have been at Christian Dior, North Central College, Northwestern University Arena, Argonne National Laboratory, and many different hospitals.
- What has been your most challenging project? This is not specific to one job, but general challenges I encounter are: long sales cycle work on jobs for multiple years until the awards. COVID led to lead time issues that can be problematic. There can also be continuous design changes and revisions throughout a project, so we adapt and find the correct products for the application.
- What would you tell your younger self who was just starting out in this role or the door industry? "It's a great industry to get into – you won't be disappointed!" I started in the industry right after college and completing an internship with Anagnos Door.
- What’s your favorite thing about working with Cornell? Cornell employees are helpful when needed. Their online pricing is by far the best in the industry, and they bring new products and innovations into the market, which is helpful. I know a Cornell product will always be a good one.
- How do you think Anagnos Door is perceived by customers? Customers see our installers as top notch and very knowledgeable. They always get the job done. We're celebrating 32 years in business, and customers expect the best from us, which we strive for every time.
- How do you think Cornell is perceived by customers? I think customers see Cornell has quality products that stand the test of time. They're a well-known brand and stand out against their competition, and also offer a wider variety of products than most.
- What’s your proudest accomplishment in life? Graduating college was a huge accomplishment for me. Another big one was that I bought my own house by the time I was 26.
- What career highlight are you’re proudest of? I sold over $1,000,000 of our products in one quarter, and was also the first one in our company to sell a new product.
- What do you do to unwind? Hang out with my dog, Finn.
- Where is your favorite vacation spot? I like to go multiple places, but Florida is my favorite.
- Do you have any fun hobbies you’d like to share? I go to the gym regularly. There's a good group of people there. I also like to go out with friends, and try new restaurants around town.
- Is there anything else you’d like to add? Fun fact: one of my brothers works for a general contractor, and another brother is an architect, so we're all connected through this industry.
If you'd like to get in touch with Megan, she can be contacted at email@example.com or 708-728-9000.