Insulated Rolling Steel Doors
Thermiser® Insulated Rolling Steel Doors are recommended for exterior openings where maintaining different temperatures on each side of the door is desirable.
Sizes: 30' wide, 30' high standard construction.
Large Openings to 38' wide, 40' high consult factory.
Operation: Motors, chain, or hand-crank designs based on size, weight or frequency of operation.
Usage: Standard construction is up to 20 cycles per day with High Cycle Construction available for doors expected to be operated more than 20 cycles per day.
- Design Flexibility: Cornell doors are built to order to fit your opening size, operation and option preferences.
- Insulation: Keeps buildings warm in winter, cool in summer. Closed cell urethane foam insulation provides the lowest thermal conductivity of any material commercially available. The slat has an R-value of 8.0 (U-factor of 0.125) as calculated using the ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals.
- Energy Savings: Upgrading to a Thermiser from a WeatherGard pays for itself in 17 to 23 months, depending on climatic zone.
Perimeter Weathering: Thermiser weatherproofing at bottom bar, guides, and lintel/door header cuts air infiltration rate by 90%. Urethane foam-filled bottom bar and compressible astragal provide seal at sill. Replaceable vinyl weather-stripping at guides forms weather seal along curtain exterior. Lintel mounted nylon brush impedes air flow around coil.
Materials and Finishes: Exterior and interior slats are ASTM A 653 galvanized steel with exclusive GalvaNex™ finish in light gray, tan or white, SpectraShield® powder coating finish optional. Exterior skin is available in 24, 22, 20 & 18 gauge with combination exterior and interior slats being - 24/24, 22/24, 20/24, 18/24 and 22/22. Exterior and interior skins are also available in 22 gauge 300 series stainless steel with #4 finish and #18 B&S gauge aluminum with mill, clear or color anodized finish. View our Standard Materials and Finishes Page for more information.
Wind Load: Thermiser insulated coiling doors can be configured to withstand the full range of specific wind load requirements including missile impact ratings. Also refer to the Wind Load Construction section.
Seismic Performance Validation: Cornell can provide project specific seismic calculations for all Thermiser insulated coiling doors that are mounted Face of Wall or Between Jambs to steel or masonry. Seismic performance validation is per ASCE 7-05.
Thermiser doors muffle unwanted sound in hospitals, schools, universities, and other institutional, commercial, and industrial buildings. The Thermiser's urethane foam-filled slats and perimeter seals tested at a 27 STC rating based on testing a complete, operable door assembly. For comparison, non-insulated doors are STC 19.
Superimposed / Double Insulated Curtain Designs:
When extreme weather or sound resistance is desired, superimposed / double insulated curtain assemblies are also available with a minimum Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating of 32 as tested per ASTM E90, based on testing a complete, operable door assembly.
RapidResponse™ Quick Fix Doors
Provides the performance of a Rolling Steel Door with the convenience of impact damage resistance. When impacted, the RapidResponse Door's extra curtain slats at the bottom of the curtain can be quickly removed and the door can be returned to normal operation during the initial service call.
RapidResponse doors are provided with 3' or 6' of extra curtain, an impactable bottom bar and removable lower guide sections These features allow for faster repair when impact occurs, increase the facility's productivity and maximize the life-time value of the door system.
Also available for Rolling Service Doors
Product solutions to meet exact performance needs. 300,000 Cycle Life Extreme™ Insulated Doors have been tested and proven to meet the level of performance required.
- Features: Curtain standard is galvanized steel. Steel guides. Safety limit switches mounted to guides. 3 Phase Cornell SG Operator. Spingless shaft design with safety stop-lock bearings.
- Max. Speed: 12 ips.
- Size Limits: 26'W x 14'H max.
- Options: Stainless steel or aluminum curtain, aluminum guides, sensing devices, manual locking on bottom bar.