Firemiser™ Insulated Fire Doors
One Door - Many Benefits
Provide UL rated fire protection plus security, sound attenuation, environmental separation and smoke control with the Firemiser insulated fire door from Cornell.
Achieve Rolling Steel Security with up to 4 hours of UL Classified Fire Protection, plus:
- Sound Attenuation - A Sound Transmission Class rating of STC 27 (based on testing a complete, operable door assembly) makes Firemiser's mineral wool insulated curtain an excellent choice to maintain fire wall integrity and reduce decibel levels.
- Climate Control - Firemiser's insulated curtain yields a 5.3 R-value that can be combined with full perimeter seals for use at exterior or interior openings whenever fire protection and environmental separation is required.
- Smoke Control - Add optional UL classified smoke and draft control to fire doors. Containing smoke saves lives and building property and also aids in fire containment by slowing oxygen flow to the fire source. It's simple to double up on the protection of your building and may be required by your local building code. More SmokeShield Firemiser information here.
Practical Design Applications
- All fire wall openings where the door is to be closed regularly and a sound attenuation need exists.
Exterior openings that require a fire rating due to the proximity of other structures or combustible materials.
- Buildings designed for future expansion where current exterior wall openings are to become interior fire wall openings.
- Interior fire wall openings where the door will be normally closed to control varying climatic conditions between two areas.
Listings: UL 4 HR, 3 HR, 1 1/2 HR, 1 HR and 3/4 HR Classified labels. Flame spread and smoke development index factors for Firemiser's mineral wool insulation are zero.
Sizes: Standard construction for openings up to 30' wide, 22' high. Large openings to 34' wide, consult factory.
Material and Finishes: Exterior / Interior curtain skin - galvanized steel with exclusive GalvaNex™ finish in light gray, tan or white, SpectraShield® powder coating as an available option, or 300 series stainless steel with #4 finish. Cast iron endlocks / windlocks are required per UL procedure. Additional Material and Finishes information…
Mounting: Face of wall or between jambs configurations in both interior and exterior walls. Approved wall types for the mounting of insulated fire doors include masonry or structural steel jambs.
Operation: M100 motor, chain or crank operating systems are recommended for ease of testing and controlled automatic closing speed. Additional Operator Information.
Specified Wind Load: Insulated fire doors can be designed to meet specific PSF wind load requirements.
Seismic Performance Validation: Cornell can provide project specific seismic calculations for all insulated fire doors that are mounted Face of Wall or Between Jambs to steel or masonry. Seismic performance validation is per ASCE 7-05.